how many times have i said…gayle’s the teacher in this adventure. i can’t even begin to list all the things she’s taught me through her diagnosis, her amputation, her chemo, through every day i am privileged to spend with her. gayle has taught me:
- always be brave.
- always have a team you can depend on, sisters and brothers that will stick by you no matter what.
- don’t worry about stuff that you can’t control, that’s most stuff.
- when you have to, trust the professionals, especially those that have pure hearts.
- everything will be better after a nap. naps have magical powers. they heal.
- when in doubt, eat ice cream and maybe even eat cheese. cheese is good.
so where is this leading…well, a month ago i too got that awful diagnosis of cancer, just like gayle. fortunately, the prognosis is very good, and after my surgery tomorrow, and follow up radiation this fall…i’m gonna be just dandy…i gotta be, cause there’s no way this nasty disease is gonna separate me from my sisters – NO WAY!!
everyday, i see strength, hope and joy from all the tripawd brothers and sisters. they live in the moment, and capture every drop of goodness from each one. sadly, some of our brothers and sisters pass way to soon, but time is not the true measure of love, is it…
i’ll check in after the surgery (if nurse gayle, nurse jane and male nurse murphy let me use the computer). no worries..i’m in the best hands possible!!
To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!